How can you work out whether a different role will be any better than the one you may be struggling in at the moment?
Whether the grass is actually greener on the other side?
There are two key elements to consider: environment and role.
If you’re in the wrong workplace environment, it can force you to question everything: including yourself and your ability.
So, you need to apply the ‘reasonableness’ test to your workplace.
That is, if a friend was describing an equivalent work scenario to you, would you think it was reasonable?
If the answer is no, then your environment is clearly a bad fit for you. You need to find a way to change it, or move on.
If the answer is yes – it is a reasonable work environment - then you need to question whether the role is right for you.
You do this by examining whether you get to work to your strengths.
If you don’t get to work to your strengths, you will feel drained no matter how positive the environment is, and it’s time to find a role that does play to your strengths.
If you do get to work to your strengths, then you will feel energised and fulfilled.
You can find out more about your strengths by downloading my free strengths guide.
Strengths guide free bundle
Discover your strengths and start to talk about yourself and your abilities confidently and with ease
- Your strengths guide, which includes the Strengthsfinder 2.0 link
- Your strengths webinar & worksheet, which is the equivalent of a 1-on-1 strengths coaching session.
Free webinars / masterclasses
Dream Career Move Masterclass
Get clear on your best fit role and how to make it a reality
This webinar is for you if:
- you're at a career crossroads, but feeling stuck
- you want to figure out what to do next, but have too many ideas or none
- you're ready to find your dream, best-fit role: one that is energising and fulfilling?
I’ll help you to figure out your next dream career move
- Identify 1-3 inspiring ideas as to what to do next
- Figure out which idea is a best-fit
- Learn how to make the change safely in 3 steps.