Sam Sutherland is a talented workshop facilitator and podcaster. She wants to make the workplace more human: to empower women and equality in the workplace through a variety of projects, which we cover in our chat.
Sam’s podcast is relatively new and has taken off! But when we initially discussed it during her 7 Step Career Program with me, Sam’s initial response was, “Yes, great idea but what would I talk about and who would I interview?”
It is a common human response to wonder, “Who I am to do this?”
In this 30 minute interview we discuss:
- The radical idea and the imposter syndrome: Who am I to do this?
- How Sam’s strengths were fuelled by the mini-experiments
- How her podcast went from a mini-experiment at a dining table to 70,000 downloads
- How it has led to insights and multiple paid work opportunities.
This is a great example of how we have so much more potential then we realise, and how mini-experiments enable you to overcome self‑doubt and test an idea.
The podcast was just one of Sam's ideas. I typically help my clients to uncover 10+ ideas.
So, what's your next step?
Free webinar: Your Next Role Advantage
How to find your next role in the current job climate
Are you a corporate worker who is facing or has been made redundant?
Are you asking:
“What do I do now?”
“How do I talk about the unique value I offer an organisation?”
“How do I find a job in this climate?”
I will show you how you can:
- Uncover your unique strengths and the problems you can solve
- Be clear and confident and stand out from other candidates.
- Use a combination of traditional & alternative approaches to increase your chances of finding a role.
Tuesday, June 16th, @8pm
Discover your strengths with my free strengths bundle
- Your strengths guide, which includes the Strengthsfinder 2.0 link
- Your strengths webinar & worksheet, which is the equivalent of a 1-on-1 strengths coaching session.