Sam Sutherland is a talented workshop facilitator and podcaster. She wants to make the workplace more human: to empower women and equality in the workplace through a variety of projects, which we cover in our chat.
Sam’s podcast is relatively new and has taken off! But when we initially discussed it during her 7 Step Career Program with me, Sam’s initial response was, “Yes, great idea but what would I talk about and who would I interview?”
It is a common human response to wonder, “Who I am to do this?”
In this 30 minute interview we discuss:
- The radical idea and the imposter syndrome: Who am I to do this?
- How Sam’s strengths were fuelled by the mini-experiments
- How her podcast went from a mini-experiment at a dining table to 70,000 downloads
- How it has led to insights and multiple paid work opportunities.
This is a great example of how we have so much more potential then we realise, and how mini-experiments enable you to overcome self‑doubt and test an idea.
The podcast was just one of Sam's ideas. I typically help my clients to uncover 10+ ideas.
So, what's your next step?
Free webinars / masterclasses
Dream Career Move Masterclass
Get clear on your best fit role and how to make it a reality
This webinar is for you if:
- you're at a career crossroads, but feeling stuck
- you want to figure out what to do next, but have too many ideas or none
- you're ready to find your dream, best-fit role: one that is energising and fulfilling?
I’ll help you to figure out your next dream career move
- Identify 1-3 inspiring ideas as to what to do next
- Figure out which idea is a best-fit
- Learn how to make the change safely in 3 steps.
Strengths guide free bundle
Discover your strengths and start to talk about yourself and your abilities confidently and with ease
- Your strengths guide, which includes the Strengthsfinder 2.0 link
- Your strengths webinar & worksheet, which is the equivalent of a 1-on-1 strengths coaching session.