Olivia Downing, founder and CEO of Liv Mindfully, is a psychologist, meditation teacher and mindfulness coach and educator. She helps corporates, schools and individuals to live and work to their full potential.
I recorded this interview with Liv in 2017. It's one of my favourites because it contains tips that you can apply every day. Liv and I go way back, and I love her refreshing take on mindfulness. She combines the science with self-deprecating humour and bite‑sized morsels that are easy to implement.
Liv is also a mum to two boys (8 and 4) and lives in Melbourne.
Book your free 15 min discovery session.
Find out what's possible for your dream life, best fit role.TM
I recommend you listen to the whole interview, but if you’re short on time just dive into the bits that appeal to you:
7.34 - Liv's mindfulness business and work pathway
13.44 - The one realisation that changed everything and converted Liv to mindfulness
14.48 - Liv got to the USA and discovered she couldn’t practice as a psychologist. Find out how Liv re-created herself and why now she is so thankful that that initial disappointment happened.
16.08 - How she managed the transition back to Australia whilst pregnant but wanting to connect with the mindfulness community here.
And why the Mind the bump app developed with beyond blue is what she’s most proud of.
20.33 - How Liv got burnt out 6 months in a new venture, whilst teaching mindfulness, and her biggest insight during that vulnerable phase. It’s a BIG ONE!
27.00 - (1) The simple and effective way she has overcome the tendency to say “Yes.”
- (2) As an ideas person her insights on the best environment/business model
- (3) How she re-discovered her definition of success post kids and how that has helped her to shape her future work.
31.59 - Liv’s top 3 hints to live and work to your full potential to live more mindfully
41.00 - Meditation: We meditate to become better at life, not to become better at meditation.
What Liv says to people who say, "I’ve tried it and it didn’t work and I’m no good at it." Don’t worry mindfulness and meditation is about changing our relationships to our thoughts; it’s not about silencing our brain.
44.52 - The train metaphor which is genius and will motivate you BIG time to take the next step.
Your Next Role Advantage
How to find your next role in the current job climate
This webinar is for you if:
- you’re a corporate worker who has been made redundant or is facing redundancy
- you want to learn how to find your next role in the current job market.
I will show you how you can:
- Uncover your unique strengths and the problems you can solve
- Be clear and confident and stand out from other candidates.
- Use a combination of traditional & alternative approaches to increase your chances of finding a role.
Tuesday, Dec 1st, @8pm AEDT
Your Next Dream Career Move
Discover your dream life best fit role
This webinar is for you if:
- you’re fed‑up and stressed in your current role
- you want to figure out what to do next
- you feel stuck and have either no idea or too many ideas.
I’ll help you to figure out your next dream career move
- Identify 1-3 realistic & inspiring ideas as to what to do next
- Figure out which idea is a best-fit
- Learn how to make the change safely in 3 steps.