Are you living your definition of success, or someone else’s?
When I was at uni, I was always surprised when I came across people who were studying degrees that offered rewarding, well paid careers (e.g. law, medicine, etc.), but who were deeply unhappy. How could they be unhappy with such a great future? But it usually turned out that those individuals were doing that study because either “that’s what you do when you get good marks” or they were pressured to do so by their parents.
They were doing it because it met someone else’s definition of success. But it’s not just people studying those courses that suffer from this.
Book your free 15 min discovery session.
Find out what's possible for your dream life, best fit role.TM
One of the modules I take clients through in my 7 Step Career Change Program focuses on what success really means. And it’s amazing how many people come to realise that throughout their lives, and especially their careers, they’ve actually been pursuing someone else’s definition of success.
Once we establish what success really means to them, it’s incredibly liberating. They can then start to make career and life choices that really resonate. Everything just becomes easier.
Whose definition of success are you living?
We are heavily influenced by our parents. So, when you’re at a career crossroad, it’s worth reviewing this to make sure that the ladder you put in front of yourself is the one that you really do want to climb.
If you’d like to hear more, listen to this podcast interview I did with Liv Downing where she talks about how her rediscovered definition of success has helped her to shape her future work.
Your Next Role Advantage
How to find your next role in the current job climate
This webinar is for you if:
- you’re a corporate worker who has been made redundant or is facing redundancy
- you want to learn how to find your next role in the current job market.
I will show you how you can:
- Uncover your unique strengths and the problems you can solve
- Be clear and confident and stand out from other candidates.
- Use a combination of traditional & alternative approaches to increase your chances of finding a role.
Tuesday, August 11th, @8pm
Your Next Dream Career Move
Discover your dream life best fit role
This webinar is for you if:
- you’re fed‑up and stressed in your current role
- you want to figure out what to do next
- you feel stuck and have either no idea or too many ideas.
I’ll help you to figure out your next dream career move
- Identify 1-3 realistic & inspiring ideas as to what to do next
- Figure out which idea is a best-fit
- Learn how to make the change safely in 3 steps.
Tuesday, August 25th, @8pm
Discover your strengths with my free strengths bundle
- Your strengths guide, which includes the Strengthsfinder 2.0 link
- Your strengths webinar & worksheet, which is the equivalent of a 1-on-1 strengths coaching session.