Are you an achiever running on empty?
Spinning your wheels with a job search that’s unsustainable AND anxiety inducing?
Is it me or this part time job? Why am I not coping?
No matter how good a role/business looks like on paper, it may not be the best-fit for you or your family.
Katie had previously navigated a successful career change and wondered why she was so stuck when doing it for a second time.
She found it hugely reassuring to hear that it’s difficult to navigate a career change when you have more than one interest (a ‘multi‑passionate’!).
She also realised that it’s OK if you can’t figure this out on your own. In fact, it’s normal.
I help multi-passionates to figure out this conundrum:
“What will I do next work wise that is meaningful, plays to my strengths and meets my lifestyle needs?”
Book your free 15 min discovery session.
Find out what's possible for your dream life, best fit role.TM
Listen to this episode to find out what blew Katie away and transformed her mood from anxious to inspired.
I recommend listening to the whole interview, as there’s so much in it. But here are some key points you can jump straight into:
- 1.44 - Why working in a law firm didn’t feel right
- 3.10 - How Katie moved from a law firm into publishing
- 5.00 - The fascinating role of a commissioning editor
- 10.43 - 15 years in the one workplace. Her rising fear that she might never leave.
- Plus questions like, “Why am I not coping? Is it me or the role?”
- The tipping point for Katie to resign: “If I stay any longer, I may not leave well.”
- 17:00 Choosing to resign and what life was like on the other side. How not having a framework meant that Katie had time, but felt anxious and miserable
- 20:00 Reflecting on resigning, being honest about the reasons, and the wave of support for her choice to be at home and not work for a period of time
- 30.00 How Katie regained some control through figuring out, “What’s next?”
- 31.10 How she got inspired and felt relief
- 33.00 How your dream life does not need to be separate from your work life.
What we discovered in our first session working together and Katie’s mini‑experiments. Plus, how the power of mini-experiments blew her away, gave her a deep sense of joy and transformed her mood from anxious to inspired.
We spend @ 1/3 of our lives at work. Are you happy doing what you're doing?
Strengths guide free bundle
Discover your strengths and start to talk about yourself and your abilities confidently and with ease
- Your strengths guide, which includes the Strengthsfinder 2.0 link
- Your strengths webinar & worksheet, which is the equivalent of a 1-on-1 strengths coaching session.
Join me for a free webinar and start planning
Your next dream career move
Learn how to:
Identify 1-3 ideas as to what to do next
Figure out which idea is a best-fit
Make the change safely in 3 steps.